Saturday, September 03, 2005

Distance Learning & a National Disaster

I swear this Hurricane is giving me post traumatic syndrome, similar to what I dealt with for months after September 11th. I can't stop reading stories about victims. And not to mention the fact of the chance of my husband getting called up to go down to help. He would do it in a second, but it still scares me.

An aside -- My full name is Kathryn, and for my entire life my Italian grandmother has called me Katrina. I called her yesterday and told her after 26 years she can't call me that anymore.... I am bad luck... I was born on the 50th anniversary of the stock market crash that caused the Great Depression!

I have a friend that graduated from Tulane and she is completely devasted right now. When I opened Internet Explorer today, I checked out the latest news stories.

Who would have thought Distance Learning would be a solution in the aftermath of a Natural Disaster. Click here for the article about Tulane.

Click here to donate to the Red Cross.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Kate
I agree completely with you about the post traumatic stress syndrome. Very interesting - about the Tulane article.
Great work as usual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home